Cultural event — Rehearsal
© Emma Birski / OnP
WORK SESSION : L’Elisir d’amore
21 Sep. 2021
- Opéra Bastille
Enter the heart of the creation and discover the artists at work!
The Paris National Opera offers Arop members the privilege of observing the work of the artists and the genesis of a production at different times: work sessions, pre-dress rehearsals and dress rehearsals.
“I am obliged to set a libretto to music within fourteen days. I give you one week to prepare it for me. We shall see which of the two of us has the most courage.” Donizetti’s instructions to his librettist Romani signalled the beginning of the composition of L’Elisir d’amore, an opera that is, without a doubt, the Italian composer’s comic masterpiece. Laurent Pelly’s playful production transposes this melodramma giocoso into the Italy of the 1960s – complete with bales of hay and Vespas. The staging is a deft combination of fantasy and poetry, from the roaring arrival of Doctor Dulcamara to Nemorino’s legendary romance to Adina. This production of the quintessential bel canto opera has become a Paris Opera classic that cannot be missed.
The above activity is scheduled but changes can be applied related to the evolution of the health situation. The health pass is required to participate.
- Absolute discretion so that the artists do not feel the presence of an audience.
- It is forbidden to leave the room during the rehearsal.
- No photography or filming and no applause.
- In case of delay, entry are allowed only during the break.
Any person who does not respect these rules may be refused access to the rehearsals. Work sessions last approximately 3 hours with a 30 minute break for operas and 20 minutes for ballets.
- These sessions may be interrupted or closed to the public at any time for technical or artistic reasons.
- If they are cancelled, the Arop cannot be held responsible for rescheduling your seat.
- In case of withdrawal, please inform us as soon as possible so that members on a waiting list can benefit from the available seats.
- Any cancellation on your part for a rehearsal (work session, pre-general and general), less than 2 working days before the date of the event, will be deducted from the number of places allocated per season.
The assignment of rehearsal seats is done by membership level: Founding Patron members have priority over Patron members, who have priority over Benefactor members, who have priority over Donor members, who have priority over Friend members.