Cultural event — Rehearsal
WORK SESSION : Der fliegende Holländer
02 Oct. 2021
- Opéra Bastille
Enter the heart of the creation and discover the artists at work!
The Paris National Opera offers Arop members the privilege of observing the work of the artists and the genesis of a production at different times: work sessions, pre-dress rehearsals and dress rehearsals.
DER FLIEGENDE HOLLÄNDER
In 1839, on board the “Thetis”, the young Wagner heard the sailors evoke the legend of the “Cursed Mariner”. Stubbornly persisting in his desire to follow a dangerous course in a storm, a Dutch captain defies heaven and as punishment is doomed to eternally roam the seas unless a woman agrees to die with him. Senta recounts the legend when she first appears on stage. When the Dutchman suddenly appears, the romantic young woman does not hesitate to accept the hand he extends and that will lead her towards the ultimate sacrifice. Wagner’s first masterpiece, Der fliegende Holländer, brings together the themes dear to the composer: restless wandering, redemption through death and unbridled emotions all brilliantly conveyed by the orchestra. In his production, Willy Decker spares no effort in portraying the storm which rages as much in the music as in the protagonists’ hearts.
The above activity is scheduled but changes can be applied related to the evolution of the health situation. The health pass is required to participate.
- Absolute discretion so that the artists do not feel the presence of an audience.
- It is forbidden to leave the room during the rehearsal.
- No photography or filming and no applause.
- In case of delay, entry are allowed only during the break.
Any person who does not respect these rules may be refused access to the rehearsals. Work sessions last approximately 3 hours with a 30 minute break for operas and 20 minutes for ballets.
- These sessions may be interrupted or closed to the public at any time for technical or artistic reasons.
- If they are cancelled, the Arop cannot be held responsible for rescheduling your seat.
- In case of withdrawal, please inform us as soon as possible so that members on a waiting list can benefit from the available seats.
- Any cancellation on your part for a rehearsal (work session, pre-general and general), less than 2 working days before the date of the event, will be deducted from the number of places allocated per season.
The assignment of rehearsal seats is done by membership level: Founding Patron members have priority over Patron members, who have priority over Benefactor members, who have priority over Donor members, who have priority over Friend members.