Cultural event — Rehearsal
© Emma Birski / OnP
WORK SESSION : Don Quichotte
03 Dec. 2021
- Opéra Bastille
Enter the heart of the creation and discover the artists at work!
The Paris National Opera offers Arop members the privilege of observing the work of the artists and the genesis of a production at different times: work sessions, pre-dress rehearsals and dress rehearsals.
Inspired by the choreography of Marius Petipa, Rudolf Nureyev’s Don Quixote is no less than a festival of dance that shines the limelight on the soloists and Corps de Ballet in a wide variety of ensembles and pas de deux. At the heart of the ballet, the lovers Kitri and Basilio use every ruse – from farce to fake suicide – to be united despite the resistance of Kitri’s father. It is ultimately the Man of La Mancha who triggers the happy dénouement, after battling windmills and encountering Cupid, Dulcinea and the Queen of the Dryads. The shimmering, Spanish‑influenced costumes bring additional zest to a lively and delightfully amusing production.
The above activity is scheduled but changes can be applied related to the evolution of the health situation. The health pass is required to participate.
- Absolute discretion so that the artists do not feel the presence of an audience.
- It is forbidden to leave the room during the rehearsal.
- No photography or filming and no applause.
- In case of delay, entry are allowed only during the break.
Any person who does not respect these rules may be refused access to the rehearsals. Work sessions last approximately 3 hours with a 30 minute break for operas and 20 minutes for ballets.
- These sessions may be interrupted or closed to the public at any time for technical or artistic reasons.
- If they are cancelled, the Arop cannot be held responsible for rescheduling your seat.
- In case of withdrawal, please inform us as soon as possible so that members on a waiting list can benefit from the available seats.
- Any cancellation on your part for a rehearsal (work session, pre-general and general), less than 2 working days before the date of the event, will be deducted from the number of places allocated per season.
The assignment of rehearsal seats is done by membership level: Founding Patron members have priority over Patron members, who have priority over Benefactor members, who have priority over Donor members, who have priority over Friend members.