Cultural event — Rehearsal
© Emma Birski / OnP
WORK SESSION : La Khovantchina
17 Jan. 2022
- Opéra Bastille
Enter the heart of the creation and discover the artists at work!
The Paris National Opera offers Arop members the privilege of observing the work of the artists and the genesis of a production at different times: work sessions, pre-dress rehearsals and dress rehearsals.
In the wake of Boris Godunov, Mussorgsky continued to explore and examine Russian history. He drew inspiration for this opera from the Moscow uprising of 1682, the year in which Peter the Great was crowned tsar. Whilst hoping to reform Russia, he runs into resistance from the nobility and the Church – the former led by Prince Ivan Khovansky, and the latter represented by the Old Believers and their leader Dosifey. Mussorgsky graced this dark page of history with the most fascinating score imaginable whose hauntingly sombre tones seem to rise out of the depths of time. With its extravagant costumes and monumental sets Andrei Serban’s production plunges us into the feudal Russia of the 17th century.
The above activity is scheduled but changes can be applied related to the evolution of the health situation. The health pass is required to participate.
- Absolute discretion so that the artists do not feel the presence of an audience.
- It is forbidden to leave the room during the rehearsal.
- No photography or filming and no applause.
- In case of delay, entry are allowed only during the break.
Any person who does not respect these rules may be refused access to the rehearsals. Work sessions last approximately 3 hours with a 30 minute break for operas and 20 minutes for ballets.
- These sessions may be interrupted or closed to the public at any time for technical or artistic reasons.
- If they are cancelled, the Arop cannot be held responsible for rescheduling your seat.
- In case of withdrawal, please inform us as soon as possible so that members on a waiting list can benefit from the available seats.
- Any cancellation on your part for a rehearsal (work session, pre-general and general), less than 2 working days before the date of the event, will be deducted from the number of places allocated per season.
The assignment of rehearsal seats is done by membership level: Founding Patron members have priority over Patron members, who have priority over Benefactor members, who have priority over Donor members, who have priority over Friend members.