Cultural event — Rehearsal
WORK SESSION : Les Contes d'Hoffmann
23 Nov. 2023
- Opéra Bastille
Enter the heart of the creation and discover the artists at work!
The Paris National Opera offers Arop members the privilege of observing the work of the artists and the genesis of a production at different times: work sessions, pre-dress rehearsals and dress rehearsals.
LES CONTES D'HOFFMANN
In a tavern, the poet Hoffmann, who has just heard the diva Stella sing, tells the story of the three women he has loved: Olympia, Antonia and Giulietta, three loves thwarted by an evil spirit, Lindorf. Will his passion for Stella suffer the same fate? With this fantastic opera, drawing on the imagination of the writer E.T.A. Hoffmann, Jacques Offenbach sought to prove that he was more than a composer of lightweight works. Even though it remained unfinished after his death in 1880, the score constitutes a magnificent swan song and abounds with famous passages such as the Barcarolle and the Doll Song. Robert Carsen, always fond of portraying theatre within theatre, plunges the audience into the world of an opera house, from the stage to the wings, as his dizzying mise en abyme questions the notions of the anti-hero and the female ideal.
- Absolute discretion so that the artists do not feel the presence of an audience.
- It is forbidden to leave the room during the rehearsal.
- No photography or filming and no applause.
- In case of delay, entry are allowed only during the break.
Any person who does not respect these rules may be refused access to the rehearsals. Work sessions last approximately 3 hours with a 30 minute break for operas and 20 minutes for ballets.
- These sessions may be interrupted or closed to the public at any time for technical or artistic reasons.
- If they are cancelled, the Arop cannot be held responsible for rescheduling your seat.
- In case of withdrawal, please inform us as soon as possible so that members on a waiting list can benefit from the available seats.
- Any cancellation on your part for a rehearsal (work session, pre-general and general), less than 2 working days before the date of the event, will be deducted from the number of places allocated per season.
The assignment of rehearsal seats is done by membership level: Founding Patron members have priority over Patron members, who have priority over Benefactor members, who have priority over Donor members, who have priority over Friend members.
Les Contes d'Hoffmann - C'est une chanson d'amour
Les Contes d'Hoffmann by J. Offenbach - La légende de Kleinzach (Michael Fabiano)
Les Contes d'Hoffmann by J. Offenbach - Olympia - "Les oiseaux dans la charmille" (Jodie Devos)
Les Contes d'Hoffmann by J. Offenbach - Barcarolle (Stéphanie d'Oustrac & Kate Aldrich)