Cultural event — Rehearsal
WORK SESSION : Lohengrin
15 Sep. 2023
- Opéra Bastille
Enter the heart of the creation and discover the artists at work!
The Paris National Opera offers Arop members the privilege of observing the work of the artists and the genesis of a production at different times: work sessions, pre-dress rehearsals and dress rehearsals.
Accused of killing her brother, the heir to the Duchy of Brabant, Elsa asks to be defended by the man she has seen in her dreams. When he appears, led by a swan, he accepts on condition that she never asks him his name. Richard Wagner was 37 years old when he wrote his romantic opera Lohengrin with its compelling score. Writing not only the music but also the libretto (inspired by Germanic legends), he laid the foundations for his “music drama”, to which a prelude, leitmotivs and an extensive orchestra and choruses also contributed. Director Kirill Serebrennikov, known for his striking creations, makes his Paris Opera debut with this work, upon which his reflection on war as a machine for crushing bodies and souls sheds a sombre light.
- Absolute discretion so that the artists do not feel the presence of an audience.
- It is forbidden to leave the room during the rehearsal.
- No photography or filming and no applause.
- In case of delay, entry are allowed only during the break.
Any person who does not respect these rules may be refused access to the rehearsals. Work sessions last approximately 3 hours with a 30 minute break for operas and 20 minutes for ballets.
- These sessions may be interrupted or closed to the public at any time for technical or artistic reasons.
- If they are cancelled, the Arop cannot be held responsible for rescheduling your seat.
- In case of withdrawal, please inform us as soon as possible so that members on a waiting list can benefit from the available seats.
- Any cancellation on your part for a rehearsal (work session, pre-general and general), less than 2 working days before the date of the event, will be deducted from the number of places allocated per season.
The assignment of rehearsal seats is done by membership level: Founding Patron members have priority over Patron members, who have priority over Benefactor members, who have priority over Donor members, who have priority over Friend members.
Lohengrin (saison23/24)- Acte 3
[EXTRAIT] LOHENGRIN by Wagner (Acte II - Chœur)
[EXTRAIT] LOHENGRIN by Wagner (Piotr Beczala - "In Fermen Land", Act 3)
[EXTRAIT] LOHENGRIN by Wagner (Acte II - Nina Stemme, Wolfgang Koch)