Cultural event — Rehearsal
© Francette Levieux / OnP
WORK SESSION : Spectacle de l'École de Danse
11 Apr. 2023
- Palais Garnier
Enter the heart of the creation and discover the artists at work!
The Paris National Opera offers Arop members the privilege of observing the work of the artists and the genesis of a production at different times: work sessions, pre-dress rehearsals and dress rehearsals.
SOIRÉE EXCEPTIONNELLLE EN L'HONNEUR DE CLAUDE BESSY
Grande figure de la danse dans le monde entier, la danseuse Étoile Claude Bessy a été directrice de l’École de Danse de l’Opéra national de Paris de 1973 à 2004. Au cours de ces années, elle a renouvelé en profondeur l’enseignement, créé les Démonstrations, inauguré les spectacles annuels au Palais Garnier aussi bien que les représentations en tournée. À l’occasion de ses 90 ans, les élèves de l’École lui consacrent une soirée exceptionnelle.
- Absolute discretion so that the artists do not feel the presence of an audience.
- It is forbidden to leave the room during the rehearsal.
- No photography or filming and no applause.
- In case of delay, entry are allowed only during the break.
Any person who does not respect these rules may be refused access to the rehearsals. Work sessions last approximately 3 hours with a 30 minute break for operas and 20 minutes for ballets.
- These sessions may be interrupted or closed to the public at any time for technical or artistic reasons.
- If they are cancelled, the Arop cannot be held responsible for rescheduling your seat.
- In case of withdrawal, please inform us as soon as possible so that members on a waiting list can benefit from the available seats.
- Any cancellation on your part for a rehearsal (work session, pre-general and general), less than 2 working days before the date of the event, will be deducted from the number of places allocated per season.
The assignment of rehearsal seats is done by membership level: Founding Patron members have priority over Patron members, who have priority over Benefactor members, who have priority over Donor members, who have priority over Friend members.