Cultural event — Rehearsal
© Julien Benhamou / OnP
WORK SESSION : Swan Lake
01 Dec. 2022
- Opéra Bastille
Enter the heart of the creation and discover the artists at work!
The Paris National Opera offers Arop members the privilege of observing the work of the artists and the genesis of a production at different times: work sessions, pre-dress rehearsals and dress rehearsals.
LE LAC DES CYGNES
It is hard to believe that Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky's first ballet, Swan Lake, created in 1877 for the Bolshoi Theatre in Moscow, was a failure, so striking is its music's melodic power. It was not until twenty years later - but Tchaikovsky was already dead - that the ballet was brought to the stage in the choreography of Marius Petipa and Lev Ivanov. Almost one hundred years later, Rudolf Nureyev reshuffles the deck by giving his own choreographic interpretation to this impossible story between Prince Siegfried and Odette, a woman transformed into a swan by the sorcerer Rothbart. In creating his version for the Paris Opera Ballet in 1984, Rudolf Nureyev gave greater depth to the psychology of the prince, torn between his duty and his dreams, and illuminated Tchaikovsky's poetic dream with a desperate depth.
- Absolute discretion so that the artists do not feel the presence of an audience.
- It is forbidden to leave the room during the rehearsal.
- No photography or filming and no applause.
- In case of delay, entry are allowed only during the break.
Any person who does not respect these rules may be refused access to the rehearsals. Work sessions last approximately 3 hours with a 30 minute break for operas and 20 minutes for ballets.
- These sessions may be interrupted or closed to the public at any time for technical or artistic reasons.
- If they are cancelled, the Arop cannot be held responsible for rescheduling your seat.
- In case of withdrawal, please inform us as soon as possible so that members on a waiting list can benefit from the available seats.
- Any cancellation on your part for a rehearsal (work session, pre-general and general), less than 2 working days before the date of the event, will be deducted from the number of places allocated per season.
The assignment of rehearsal seats is done by membership level: Founding Patron members have priority over Patron members, who have priority over Benefactor members, who have priority over Donor members, who have priority over Friend members.
Le Lac des cygnes (saison 22/23)- Acte2 (Finale)
[EXTRAIT] LE LAC DES CYGNES by Rudolf Noureev (Dorothée Gilbert & Guillaume Diop)
[EXTRAIT] LE LAC DES CYGNES by Rudolf Noureev - Pas de quatre
[EXTRAIT] LE LAC DES CYGNES by Rudolf Noureev