Cultural event — Rehearsal
© Emma Birski / OnP
WORK SESSION : Turandot
26 Nov. 2021
- Opéra Bastille
Enter the heart of the creation and discover the artists at work!
The Paris National Opera offers Arop members the privilege of observing the work of the artists and the genesis of a production at different times: work sessions, pre-dress rehearsals and dress rehearsals.
25 years after directing Madama Butterfly, today still one of the most acclaimed productions in the Opera’s repertoire, Robert Wilson returns to Puccini, this time with Turandot, the Italian composer’s final masterpiece. The pared down minimalist sets and the lighting compositions, so quintessential to the director’s perspective, lend themselves perfectly to the saga of the cruel Princess, daughter of the emperor of an immemorial China. The production is built as a series of tableaux, each borrowed directly from Noh theatre whose ritualised gestures magnify group scenes or bring a hint of burlesque as is the case with the comic trio, Ping, Pang and Pong.
The above activity is scheduled but changes can be applied related to the evolution of the health situation. The health pass is required to participate.
- Absolute discretion so that the artists do not feel the presence of an audience.
- It is forbidden to leave the room during the rehearsal.
- No photography or filming and no applause.
- In case of delay, entry are allowed only during the break.
Any person who does not respect these rules may be refused access to the rehearsals. Work sessions last approximately 3 hours with a 30 minute break for operas and 20 minutes for ballets.
- These sessions may be interrupted or closed to the public at any time for technical or artistic reasons.
- If they are cancelled, the Arop cannot be held responsible for rescheduling your seat.
- In case of withdrawal, please inform us as soon as possible so that members on a waiting list can benefit from the available seats.
- Any cancellation on your part for a rehearsal (work session, pre-general and general), less than 2 working days before the date of the event, will be deducted from the number of places allocated per season.
The assignment of rehearsal seats is done by membership level: Founding Patron members have priority over Patron members, who have priority over Benefactor members, who have priority over Donor members, who have priority over Friend members.