When you visit our websites, information pertaining to the browsing history of your device (computer, tablet, smartphone, etc.) on our websites is liable to be saved in "cookie" files stored on your device, depending on the settings you have chosen regarding cookies which you are free to change at any time.
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a text file which, depending the settings you have chosen, is saved and stored in a specific location on your computer’s hard drive when you search for or consult a particular service on line via your internet browser. It enables the cookie’s issuer to identify the device on which it is stored for the duration of the cookie’s lifetime.
What are cookies from our website used for?
Only the issuer of a cookie is able to read or modify the information contained within it.
The cookies used on our site enable us to identify the services, sections and pages which the user has visited, and more generally, the user’s browsing history on the site. This information is useful in that it helps us to customise the services, content, promotional offers and banners that appear on our site more effectively and facilitate your ability to navigate our site. Cookies are necessary to ensure that certain services function properly. They also help to quantify the audience that those services attract.
Cookies may be included in the advertising sections of our site. These sections help to fund the content and services that we provide for you.
The cookies that we send are used for the purposes described below and are subject to the settings that you chose for the browser that you used during your visit. You are free to change these settings at any time.
Internal cookies :
- User authentication: to have access to your personal page with the information entered during a previous visit to the site.
- Personalised session cookies: these allow users to be recognised on our website so that all the changes they make on a page are stored from one page to another (for example: language used, display resolution, operating system, security settings…).
- Statistics and the quantification of site usage: Anonymous data collected via Google Analytics and used to measure the number of visitors to our site with a view to optimising it.
Most of these internal cookies expire and are deleted after you leave our site. Others may have a longer lifespan. However, in accordance with current legislation, this cannot exceed 13 months.
Third-party cookies :
- Cookies for third- party apps featured on the site (for example: the “Share” icon for Facebook / Twitter / Google +). The social network provides the app icon and will likely be able to identify you with it, even if you did not use that icon during your visit to our site or app. This type of icon can allow the social network concerned to follow your browsing history on our site by the mere fact that your account with that social network was activated on your device (open session) during your visit to our site.
- Cookies via the advertising content provided by third parties (for example: either the advertiser directly responsible for the advertising content in question or a third party (communication agency, targeted advertising provider, etc.) that has embedded a cookie in the advertising content of an advertiser.
However, you can choose to delete or disable some or all of the cookies at any time by changing the settings in your browser.
Choosing via your browser
Each web browser offers settings which:
- inform you of the cookies that have been saved on your computer
- allow you to accept or refuse them individually or systematically.
The configuration of each web browser is different. We suggest that you refer to the help menu of your web browser to adjust the settings in the way that you desire.
Agreeing to accept cookies
The saving of a cookie on a device is ultimately dependent on the settings in the user’s browser software.
If you have agreed to accept cookies via your web browser, these are embedded in the pages and content that you have visited and may be saved temporarily in a specific location on your device. Only the issuer of the cookie is able to read it
Different options exist to reject cookies. These may impact the functioning of the service that you are seeking to use on our site.
How to exercise your choice according to the browser that you use:
When it comes to managing cookies and your preferences, the configuration of each browser is different. It is explained in the help menu of your browser as outlined at the links below:
- Internet Explorer : https://support.microsoft.com/fr-fr/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
- Chrome : http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=fr&hlrm=en&answer=95647
- Safari : http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?path=Safari/3.0/fr/9277.html
- Firefox : http://support.mozilla.org/fr/kb/Activer%20et%20d%C3%A9sactiver%20les%20cookies
- Opera : http://help.opera.com/Windows/10.20/fr/cookies.html
- Microsoft Edge : https://privacy.microsoft.com/fr-fr/windows-10-microsoft-edge-and-privacy
Managing and/or deleting cookies according to the browser that you use:
You can inspect the cookie management system used by your web browser and you may delete the cookies stored there at any time. In the event that you wish to delete the cookies, the cookies that you wish to remove must be deleted one by one. In order to facilitate your search you will find direct links to all the principal web browsers below:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer : https://support.microsoft.com/fr-fr/products/windows?os=windows-10
- Google Chrome : https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=fr&hlrm=en
- Safari : https://support.apple.com/kb/ph21411?locale=fr_CA
- Firefox : https://support.mozilla.org/fr/kb/effacer-les-cookies-pour-supprimer-les-information
- Opera : http://help.opera.com/Windows/10.20/fr/cookies.html
The configuration on your mobile device or tablet will differ:
- iOS : https://support.apple.com/fr-fr/HT201265
- Android : https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?co=GENIE.Platform%3DAndroid&hl=fr
- Blackberry : https://global.blackberry.com/fr/legal/cookies
- Windows phone : https://support.microsoft.com/fr-fr/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
Do Not Track
Finally, you can configure your device’s web browser to send a code indicating the websites on which you do not wish to be tracked. This commonly-known “Do Not Track” option is accessible on the following pages of the major web browsers:
- Internet Explorer : https://support.microsoft.com/fr-fr/help/17288/windows-internet-explorer-11-use-do-not-track
- Safari : https://support.apple.com/kb/PH21416?locale=fr_FR
- Chrome : https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/114836
- Firefox : https://support.mozilla.org/fr/kb/comment-activer-option-ne-pas-pister
- Opera : http://help.opera.com/Windows/12.10/en/notrack.html
- Microsoft Edge : https://privacy.microsoft.com/fr-FR/windows-10-microsoft-edge-and-privacy